[Talk-us] Proposal to change ref format for county roads in Florida from "(x)" to "CR x"

Richard Welty rwelty at averillpark.net
Wed Aug 4 14:23:06 BST 2010

  On 8/4/10 8:49 AM, Nathan Edgars II wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 4, 2010 at 8:31 AM, Serge Wroclawski<emacsen at gmail.com>  wrote:
>> We have a long history in the US of well-intentioned bots which end up
>> causing problems[1].
>>
>> My question is "Have you run your changes across the data to see what it
>> actually does and then reviewed the results?"
> Yes, I would review the results; what I need however is a way to run
> the changes.
i concur with Nathan's proposed change, i think it is warranted.

the review step is important, anyone running bots should have
a quality control plan which includes a timely review and a plan
to rollback the changeset promptly if things go awry. lack of
QC planning has led to some significant damage to the map in
parts of the US (particularly with some of the ill advised
dup removal bots.)

i don't know enough about bot operation to actually answer Nathan's
question, though.

richard