[Talk-us] USGS imagery (was: Changeset 5393406)

Ian Dees ian.dees at gmail.com
Fri Aug 13 05:52:25 BST 2010

On Thu, Aug 12, 2010 at 11:39 PM, Alan Mintz
<Alan_Mintz+OSM at earthlink.net<Alan_Mintz%2BOSM at earthlink.net>
> wrote:

> It sure would be nice if these individual image sets were available through
> a common interface, instead of having to find/add all the separate links.

1) Check out http://openaerialmap.org/. Christopher Schmidt set it up a
while back but had to shut it down because he ran out of free time. There's
tons of interest in it, but not enough coders.
2) In the mean time, I've been working on getting imagery available through
hypercube.telascience.org (the SDSU server that used to run OpenAerialMap).
I'm testing NAIP right now and can add higher-res WMS-sourced imagery on top
if you have a link to add.