[Talk-us] USGS imagery (was: Changeset 5393406)

David Fawcett david.fawcett at gmail.com
Fri Aug 13 14:56:07 BST 2010

Since NAIP is about crops, I believe that it is always flown leaf-on.
Because it takes a significant amount of time to fly a state, there
are opportunities to schedule certain parts of the state
strategically.

In MN, there is not a lot of agriculture in the northeastern part of
the state and the growing season starts a few weeks later.  In some
years of NAIP coverage, the schedule was arranged to hit that part of
the state before the leaves popped.

David.