[Talk-us] Address Node Import for San Francisco

Ian Dees ian.dees at gmail.com
Fri Dec 10 01:37:07 GMT 2010

On Thu, Dec 9, 2010 at 7:31 PM, Serge Wroclawski <emacsen at gmail.com> wrote:

> the
> OSM

> I'd have legal look at this. I'm a little confused by some of the
> wording about deravitive works and transfered rights and
> indemnification.

It's a fairly standard (if a little more wordy) indemnification agreement.
The derivative works stuff is making sure that no one can hold the San Fran
government liable for using the data directly or indirectly or when used as
part of a derivative work.

I don't see anything preventing the data from being used or traced by OSM. I
don't even see an attribution requirement.