[Talk-us] NE2: Changeset 6612910: What is?

Paul Johnson baloo at ursamundi.org
Wed Dec 15 04:59:47 GMT 2010

On 12/14/2010 10:53 PM, Bill Ricker wrote:

> On Tue, Dec 14, 2010 at 11:46 PM, Paul Johnson <baloo at ursamundi.org
> <mailto:baloo at ursamundi.org>> wrote:
>
>     > As far as Creek Turnpike and US 169, pics or it doesn't exist.
>
>     Certainly, but given that stopping is prohibited and there is a minimum
>     speed limit, how do you propose these be taken?
>

> Dash mounted hands free video seems safer than explosive bolts on the
> wheel to arrange for an opportune emergency stop.

Ha, no doubt.  Especially considering how jumpy Oklahoma still is about
the whole Timothy McVey thing.  I've been wondering where I can get a
good dash cam that isn't activated by crash, though; Google seems to
turn up only the crash cams.

> A passenger that is a competent photographer in bright daylight might
> work too

169 south of I44 is a dangerous enough road that most folks here hate
driving on it and won't ride with someone who plans on taking it, so I'm
thinking the dash cam is probably the winner.