[Talk-us] Whole-US Garmin Map (02-10-2010) update

Apollinaris Schoell aschoell at gmail.com
Thu Feb 18 17:43:16 GMT 2010

On 18 Feb 2010, at 9:10 , Tyler wrote:

> Isn't it 1.5 Tb or something? I agree torrenting would work, but that would take quite a while to get to any reasonable amount of seeds. What about Geocommons? Isn't that their thing?

can't imagine it's that big. srtm data for US is in 30m resolution is ~ 15G in compressed form. maybe the full USGS dataset is in multiple formats or in an uncompressed format.
For some regions they have higher accuracy available but that should still be in the 100G range

> Also, what about using an S3 bucket with a CoralCDN redirect, so the only bandwidth costs would be the initial seeding to the Coral network? www.coralcdn.org

no experience with it but sounds like an interesting option