[Talk-us] Street Naming Conventions

Lord-Castillo, Brett BLord-Castillo at stlouisco.com
Wed May 19 14:54:19 BST 2010

If someone were to use OSM for dispatching, dispatching software generally requires a destination address to be associated with a corresponding street in order to dispatch to an address point (as opposed to dispatching to an interpolated street geocode). That would be one reason for associating objects with the streets they are on. It is also useful for non-USPS situs addresses (for example, parcel lot addresses for office buildings or condos).

Brett Lord-Castillo
Information Systems Designer/GIS Programmer
St. Louis County Police
Office of Emergency Management
14847 Ladue Bluffs Crossing Drive
Chesterfield, MO 63017