[Talk-us] Whole world files

F Hillhouse Jr f.hillhouse.jr at gmail.com
Tue May 25 14:45:22 BST 2010

Greetings,

I just joined this list. I looking forward to learning more about what is
going on and providing help somewhere in the future.

In the meantime, I found files for the whole world and also for some limited
areas. What I was looking for was files specifically for the USA. I was
thinking along the lines of grid squares, like FN43 (maidenhead).

Does anyone know if these subsets might be available?

As a follow up, if I downloaded a world file and unzipped it, would the
directories and files be in the "slippy" format?

Downloading the entire world is pretty much pointless for me since I spend
my time in the 6 states of New England (ME, NH, VT, MA, RI, CT).

Thank you for considering my questions!

Best regards,
Fred