[Talk-us] Proposal: delete census-designated place polygons

Serge Wroclawski emacsen at gmail.com
Fri Nov 12 11:28:11 GMT 2010

> In other words, CDPs have no real-world significance, and are intended
> only for statistical purposes.

That's just not the case.

Look at my town of  Silver Spring, Maryland
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Silver_Spring,_Maryland), and where I
work, Bethesda (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bethesda,_Maryland).

The former is the second most densely populated place in Maryland, and
the later is one of the most affluent places in the country, as well
as being important for its health services (including NIH and Walter
Reed).

These places exist and they have significance to the local population.
If you delete them, I'll be quite upset.

- Serge