[Talk-us] Proposal: delete census-designated place polygons

Val Kartchner val42k at gmail.com
Fri Nov 12 17:12:16 GMT 2010

On Fri, 2010-11-12 at 02:24 -0500, Nathan Edgars II wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 12, 2010 at 1:34 AM, Daniel Sabo <danielsabo at gmail.com> wrote:
> > The problem comes from the fact that the trailer park was a "hamlet" inside of  a "city", but then there are legitimate cases for nesting like that, and there's no way for Nominatim to tell the difference if there are only nodes.
> place=hamlet is misleading for a trailer park. If it's inside a city,
> it's probably best to use place=neighborhood.

I'd like to use "place=neighborhood" as well.  Can we get a consensus to
make this addition?  This should be doable as a point because these
developments, if they do have a sign, don't usually have a map
designating the boundaries.  One would have to get the government
documents to find out such boundaries.

- Val -