[Talk-us] seek Mapper in Rochester NY (Greece)

Mike N. niceman at att.net
Wed Nov 24 01:07:07 GMT 2010

> That's pretty neat.  I looked in my area and there are a bunch of bugs
> reported, but I can't for the life of me figure out what is wrong.  They
> are
> reported in Spanish, which I can read so-so, but I know the areas pretty
> well
> and can't see major problems.
>
> Does it have to do with the way iphones report the errors?  Can they be
> off
> by a fair bit in terms of distance?

   I've been working these for a while, and it's often difficult to figure
out what's wrong.   In a few cases, you can see the green trace of the
SmartPhone is off the road by about 5 or 6 meters.

   In some cases, drivers obviously cannot report bugs while driving through
the affected area, so I look around at things nearby that can match their
  1 way streets or new construction - (usually requires a survey)
  Bridges -   (Aerial imagery, a "turn now" while on bridge sort of thing)
  A road needing a dual carriageway because it told them to turn across a
divided highway.
  Missing or incorrect routing connection details: left turn lane, missing
divided highway connector.

  About half of them are just head scratchers.  Speed limits are not useful
because they don't exactly identify the start and end of a speed zone.