[Talk-us] Highway Tagging Consensus to Improve OSM (and addresssome of 41 latitude's concerns)

Mike N. niceman at att.net
Sat Oct 16 12:06:54 BST 2010

> There's a forum?
>
> I don't have a problem with have lots of different modes of
> communication, but it really needs to be made clear which one is THE
> preferred way to talk to People Who Know Things and seek out community
> agreement.  It seems like that's the mailing lists (at the moment),
> possibly followed by the wiki as a repository of information, but that's
> not obvious from reading http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Contact

  The one enduring trait of OSM is that the variety of people who contribute
each have their own tools and preferences.   The tools for mapmaking are a
collection of nearly every programming and web language out there.   I hate
the mailing lists, but they aren't going away.   And no matter how long we
discuss things on the mailing list, there will be a group of people who
still don't read that.