[Talk-us] State Route relations (was: Highway Tagging Consensus to Improve OSM (and address some of 41 latitude's concerns))

Nathan Edgars II neroute2 at gmail.com
Sat Oct 16 20:38:34 BST 2010

On Sat, Oct 16, 2010 at 12:20 PM, Peter Budny <peterb at gatech.edu> wrote:
> I'm not sure whether you're saying it's a good idea or a bad idea.

I don't know either. It's certainly a bad idea to add the auto-created
relations to the database, but I don't think this is what you're
planning.

> It seems to me that once you have all the relations in the db, it's easy
> to get a list of all network=US:FL route relations, compare it to a
> current list of state-maintained roads, and find the ones that need to
> be edited.  Without the relations, there's no particularly easy way to
> find this data so it can be corrected.

Florida already has a full set of relations:
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Florida/State_road_relations

But if this weren't so, your tool would create a large number of
incorrect relations.