Mike N. niceman at att.net
Wed Oct 20 02:03:05 BST 2010

> That's not what I'm trying to do, because I don't see the point in
> trying to do that.  There are much better places for me to get maps in
> the present.  OSM, to me at least, is about the data, and how it can
> be used in the future.  Especially in the United States.

  Keep in mind that there are already people using US OSM data in real
applications.    By all means, let's move forward, but not burn consumers by
removing ref* or name* tags to force them to change.   Otherwise we will
just be laboring like monks to produce a mountain of pure XML that no one
cares about because it's to difficult to catch a moving specification that
has no concern for compatibility.