[Talk-us] [Tagging] how to tag US townships?

Anthony osm at inbox.org
Wed Oct 20 23:13:38 BST 2010

On Wed, Oct 20, 2010 at 5:49 PM, Anthony <osm at inbox.org> wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 20, 2010 at 5:21 PM, Anthony <osm at inbox.org> wrote:
>> Oh, I'm only planning on doing PA, NJ, and FL.  Also maybe NY, as it's
>> the other one of the four states I've lived in.
>
> Okay, well, I started New York, and concluded that it doesn't fit into
> the design of admin_levels.

Hmm, maybe this would work:

2=national border
4=state border
5=New York City border
6=county/borough border
8=city/town border (other than NYC and Sherrill)

villages - don't use admin_level
City of Sherrill - is treated like a village of the town of Vernon
City of Geneva - is located within both the counties of Ontario and Seneca,
although the section in Seneca county has no population and is all water.