[Talk-us] Venues for State of the Map US and International Conferences (Peter Batty)

Ian Dees ian.dees at gmail.com
Sat Sep 11 23:59:26 BST 2010

On Sat, Sep 11, 2010 at 5:52 PM, Eric Wolf <ebwolf at gmail.com> wrote:

> Three reasonable possibilities exist for dates:
>
> 1. Weekend before (Sept 10/11) - would help maintain separate identity
> 2. Monday/Tuesday - the first two days of FOSS4G will just be workshops.
> The workshops will be largely the same as FOSS4G 2010. An advantage here is
> you could get the conference rate at the Sheraton - $189/night. It is on the
> high end but it's pretty swank. That rate will be guaranteed to be the
> lowest published rate for the Sheraton.
> 3. Weekend after - combine with the Code Sprint and unconference.

Is it customary that people would stay for the whole week to attend both?
Would we lose a bunch of people that have to decide between the two?

> What are the chances of getting THE SOTM in the US next year?

That was part of the original question: this bid could be for "the"
international State of the Map. If it's not accepted for the international
one then we could still consider it for the US-only one.