[Talk-us] Venues for State of the Map US and International Conferences (Peter Batty)

Eric Wolf ebwolf at gmail.com
Sun Sep 12 00:09:49 BST 2010

I guess I missed Peter's original email. I've been pretty busy lately...

I do not think there are any customs in regards to FOSS4G. The workshops
will be a separately priced item. We anticipate many people from the local
area will attend just workshops. We also expect many travels to skip the
workshops and attend just the conference. The reason for splitting out the
code sprint is that it is attended by a very small number of people relative
to the main FOSS4G. And those people mostly just need a few rooms,
electricity and wifi (caffeinated beverages are a plus).

Overall though, attendees at FOSS4G are very self-directed. I would suspect,
no matter what the arrangement, neither event would be negatively impacted.
There is also enough overlap in the organizing committee (Peter, SteveC,
etc) for FOSS4G that we would work the program to minimize conflicts.

-Eric