[Talk-us] Albuquerque import removal

Richard Weait richard at weait.com
Sun Dec 18 16:40:43 GMT 2011

Dear All,

Have a look at Albuquerque. It is awash with red, primarily from an
undocumented import.

http://tools.geofabrik.de/osmi/?view=wtfe&lon=-106.68018&lat=35.00660&zoom=10&overlays=overview,wtfe_point_clean,wtfe_line_clean,wtfe_point_harmless,wtfe_line_harmless,wtfe_point_modified,wtfe_line_modified_cp,wtfe_line_modified,wtfe_point_created,wtfe_line_created_cp,wtfe_line_created

The data appears to be exclusively address points and from the City of
Albuquerque GIS department.  It is not documented in the imports
catalogue, nor do I recall prior discussion on this list.

The account holder has not responded to email through the osm web
site, so that account may be abandoned.

I recommend that those address points be removed promptly and I'll do
that should no local step in and take up the task.

Once removed, it will be much simpler to see any remaining cleanup for
Albuquerque.

Thoughts?  Volunteers?  :-)

Best regards,
Richard