[Talk-us] Relations, cycle routes, shapefiles

Nathan Edgars II neroute2 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 4 07:42:01 GMT 2011

On 2/3/2011 11:15 PM, Paul Johnson wrote:
> underlying ways
> often have refs that belong to them (like bridge numbers) but not the
> route itself.
You've said this a number of times without explanation. Why does the
bridge number, or ODOT's internal referencing, "belong" to the way,
while the route number doesn't?

> Bike boulevards are on the same network as each other (well, the
> Portland ones, are, at any rate; note I'm not referring to official
> routes for state highways like 99 or federal highways like 205 or 84
> since you're talking about city bike boulevards).

Speaking of this, I don't think it's appropriate to mark the cycleways
that parallel I-84 and I-205 as ncn just because they parallel highways
on the national motor network.