[Talk-us] Import for Murray County, OK

Mike N. niceman at att.net
Mon Jan 3 17:08:46 GMT 2011

> It looks fairly unedited since the TIGER upload:

  I see that there's been a new edit since I did my analysis, but still
quite unedited.

> I take it you're going to follow the best-practices import procedures,
> like using a new and unique OSM userid?

   I believe the new and unique OSM userid is less useful on smaller
imports.    If the purpose is to allow quick and easy contact with the
uploader, this does not work for me.  OSM does not allow the same email to
be used for multiple user IDs.   I don't have a convenient way to keep an
unlimited array size of email addresses that are checked with any
regularity.   I could forward those email addresses except that
 1.) The forwarding process inserts a hitch in the spam filtering process
and forwarding can often fail silently.
 2.) The Email hoster might detect lack of login activity as a reason to
silently terminate the email box.

  That being said, having an identity separate from an "editing identity" is
useful to detect future manual edits.