[Talk-us] USGS Tiled High Resolution Orthoimagery

Richard Weait richard at weait.com
Mon Jun 6 22:59:55 BST 2011

On Mon, Jun 6, 2011 at 5:51 PM, Paul Johnson <baloo at ursamundi.org> wrote:
> On 06/06/2011 10:17 AM, Richard Weait wrote:

>> Take a look at OpenAerialMap as well.  There was some recent activity
>> on that list.  I don't know if they are ready for new sources, etc.
>> yet.
>
> Last I heard, that project was dead and going away.  What changed?

:-)
http://www.funtrivia.com/askft/Question68794.html

A short history of OAM.

The first version was so popular that it became unmanageable.  Plans
have been moving, slowly at times, to relaunch as a robust, scalable
service.  There was recent activity on the OAM mailing list.

http://openaerialmap.org/Main_Page