[Talk-us] Categorizing Stores/Restaurants

Richard Weait richard at weait.com
Wed Jun 15 03:41:31 BST 2011

On Tue, Jun 14, 2011 at 10:25 PM, Kristian Zoerhoff
<kristian.zoerhoff at gmail.com> wrote:
> I would think Sears = department store; they called themselves that for many
> years. I think something like Super Wal-Mart or (here in the Midwest) Meijer
> is tougher; is it department store, clothing, grocery, or something else?
>
> I'd rather have a newbie ask a million times, if they learn from it, but if
> they make a reasonable guess, that's fine, as we can always refine the data.

I think of Meijer as a department store, though it's a big one.  I
wouldn't complain if somebody added a separate node for a grocery
store as well. Same with some of the other super-type stores I've
seen.  I think the Brits are calling them Ultra-Markets?   Adding tag
for the internal fastfood, photomat and bank isn't bad.  Is there a
way to predict exactly which services will be at one of these ultra
markets?  Which one has a leather-repair / shoe repair?