[Talk-us] Grand Junction + TIGER 2010

Ian Dees ian.dees at gmail.com
Sun Jun 26 15:10:46 BST 2011

On Sun, Jun 26, 2011 at 9:01 AM, Nick Hocking <nick.hocking at gmail.com>wrote:

> I think I've got about 50 hours work to bring Grand Junction up to TIGER
> 2010. What I'll do is have the current OSM data in one JOSM window with Bing
> Imagery and your TIGER 2010 data in another. Then I'll just use the imagery
> to trace the road and type the name and other tags from the other window.
> Painfull I know but it'll kill off quite a few winter nights.

Can I suggest that instead you open the TIGER data file as a separate layer
in JOSM so you can copy new data from the TIGER layer to the OSM layer.
There's no point in tracing from rasters if the data already exists as
vectors.

> What would be really usefull is to have OSM in one of the geofabrik compare
> windows and TIGER 2010 in the other. Is there an easy way to achieve this?

I'm working on this. I should have something useful pretty quickly after the
new OSM US server gets set up at the new data center some time next week.