[Talk-us] Grand Junction + TIGER 2010

Nick Hocking nick.hocking at gmail.com
Sun Jun 26 15:18:48 BST 2011

On Mon, Jun 27, 2011 at 12:10 AM, Ian Dees <ian.dees at gmail.com> wrote:

> Can I suggest that instead you open the TIGER data file as a separate layer
> in JOSM so you can copy new data from the TIGER layer to the OSM layer.
> There's no point in tracing from rasters if the data already exists as
> vectors.
>

>> What would be really usefull is to have OSM in one of the geofabrik
>> compare windows and TIGER 2010 in the other. Is there an easy way to achieve
>> this?
>>

> I'm working on this. I should have something useful pretty quickly after
> the new OSM US server gets set up at the new data center some time next
> week.

OK, thanks Ian, Yes I'll do it that way. Though it's after Mignight I
couldn't resist doing just a couple ot roads. And I find that where the old
TIGER had  B 1/2 Road, the TIGER 2010 has B 50/100 Road.   Does anyone know
if this is correct and are they renaming roads in this manner in order to
have more possibilities in between?