[Talk-us] TriMet will begin OSM improvements in the Portland area

PJ Houser stephanie.jean.houser at gmail.com
Tue Mar 1 23:29:36 GMT 2011

Hi Dave & Talk-US & Imports,

We decided against using Trimet in our name since as Richard pointed out,
OSM is a collection of individuals. This is us right now. I will let you
know if we change our names. Should we include RLIS (the data source) in our
user names? We are all using our personal emails, so we have kept everything
really informal so far.

http://www.openstreetmap.org/user/PJ%20Houser
http://www.openstreetmap.org/user/betsy
http://www.openstreetmap.org/user/Mele%20Sax-Barnett
http://www.openstreetmap.org/user/Grant Humphries

And our workflow is changing a lot since we ran into significant problems
with ArcMap OSMEditor, though we are working with ESRI to improve the
editor. I hope to send an updated workflow really soon for input! Not many
changes to OSM have been done because we are still trying things out.

But most importantly, all changes are being done one at a time. Nothing is
bulk. Every change is done "by hand". I am doing my best to make sure nobody
else's hard work is overwritten or deleted!
--
PJ Houser
Trimet, GIS