[Talk-us] all our addresses are belong to you

Mike N niceman at att.net
Thu Mar 3 02:22:08 GMT 2011

On 3/2/2011 3:55 PM, Flambeaux at gmail.com wrote:
> MapQuest is providing several address files that contain user-provided
> latitude and longitude locations across the world. Our users provided
> these exact locations to us so that they could be mapped correctly on
> our MapQuest maps.

   A quick look at several in my area:

  1 - Road layout needed updating for intersection improvement
  2 - Road name changed or was wrong in TIGER - surveys needed.
  2-  Probably correct
  1-  Nearby, but was dead center of the street

   I consider this a valuable resource, but definitely don't want a mass
import.  I can use them as good Mapdust reports - the ones which
indicate errors are more useful than most Mapdust errors.