[Talk-us] Bike / Pedestrian directions on the MQ Open sites

Antony Pegg antthelimey at gmail.com
Fri Mar 4 14:04:44 GMT 2011

HI all,

just a quick note - we've added bicycle and pedestrian routing options to
the MapQuest Open sites

more details here:
http://blog.mapquest.com/2011/03/03/open-routing-options-expanded/

couple known things:
 - We've already discovered highway=bridleway not included - we've updated
the base code already, but it requires a re-conversion from scratch, so
it'll take a week or two before bridleways get picked up

 - if you're familiar with the underlying services from
http://open.mapquestapi.com you'll notice that neither the elevation
service, nor use of the cyclingRoadFactor parameter are in the UI yet -
that'll come later

knowing the amazing diligence of this community, I'm sure you guys will find
tags we've missed that should or could be used for bike/pedestrian.  If you
feel its worth mentioning, please please please provide some point of
reference so we can eyeball it - a wayID, or a link to a route on the open
mapquest site where it isnt going thru a feature you think it should.
Thanks.

Cheers,
Ant (The Limey)