[Talk-us] Proposed cleanup: NHD "rivers"

Paul Norman penorman at mac.com
Sun Mar 20 22:54:23 GMT 2011

I checked with http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/NHD#Mapping and
StreamRiver 46003 was mapped to waterway=stream, and the description is
intermittent streams. As far as I can tell, nothing else was mapped to
waterway=stream.

NAIP imagery seems to verify this.

Seeing that the FCode was imported, I'm thinking I'll use that to identify
which are rivers and which are streams. Essentially, this will be changing
46003 to intermittent streams and 46006 to streams, with exceptions for
46006 where the name indicates it's a river.