[Talk-us] Civil War sites

Richard Welty rwelty at averillpark.net
Mon Mar 28 16:28:19 BST 2011

On 3/28/11 11:22 AM, Richard Weait wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 28, 2011 at 11:14 AM, Steven Johnson<sejohnson8 at gmail.com>  wrote:
>> I, too, have been thinking that a core+layers approach would be useful in a
>> number of contexts, primarily conflation between different
> This might be something interesting to do with those servers that the
> US local chapter picked up from Wikipedia.

i've discussing this with Ian Dees off list. the two servers that are
running are booked;
the third server needs a new motherboard and is probably old enough it
should
just be replaced.

however, the US OSM chapter has tentatively approved buying some new
equipment using some of the money contributed by MapQuest, and in that
context we could host this on that hardware.

in the interim, i'm two disk drives away from being able to host it
on my own hardware, and am looking into this as a temporary solution.

richard