[Talk-us] Civil War sites

Ian Dees ian.dees at gmail.com
Mon Mar 28 16:30:24 BST 2011

On Mon, Mar 28, 2011 at 10:22 AM, Richard Weait <richard at weait.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Mar 28, 2011 at 11:14 AM, Steven Johnson <sejohnson8 at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > I, too, have been thinking that a core+layers approach would be useful in
> > number of contexts, primarily conflation between different
>
> This might be something interesting to do with those servers that the
> US local chapter picked up from Wikipedia.

Ah, looks like I responded directly to Richard W. I completely agree that
the OSMFUS servers would be great for this, but the server I had in mind of
the three OSMFUS servers currently has a bad motherboard. I have plans to
purchase new hardware and will happily run a multiple-instance version of
the API server.

I would love if someone would hack at the API server a little bit to support
multiple "instances" in one application i.e. "http://example.com/<instance
name>/api/0.6/map?..." so that we don't have to worry about duplicate rails
instances running in duplicate Passenger services running with duplicate
PGSQL databases, etc. etc.