[Talk-us] Address improvement through imports?

Nathan Mills nathan at nwacg.net
Wed Nov 2 03:38:36 GMT 2011

 On Tue, 1 Nov 2011 19:40:27 -0500, Toby Murray wrote:

> It is also data that is time consuming and, for a lot of people,
> boring to collect and enter. If you're mapping a shop or restaurant
> that you are visiting it's one thing to add in a couple of addr:*
> tags
> but to get truly good coverage including residential areas is much,
> much harder.

 Capturing individual points is rather tedious, but I've had pretty good
 luck getting myself to write down start/end addresses for each side of a
 street I'm driving and do interpolation. With a better camera solution,
 it wouldn't be too hard to do points, but I haven't come up with
 something that's easy, has good resolution, and has good automatic
 exposure. And small.