[Talk-us] Address improvement through imports?

Martijn van Exel m at rtijn.org
Wed Nov 2 03:50:21 GMT 2011

Another thing that impedes progress for address mapping is the fact
that the house numbers appear on the map so indiscriminately. In rural
areas or other places where address points are far apart, that's
helpful, but I think this map is way too cluttered:
http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=32.56303&lon=-117.06017&zoom=17&layers=M
. I know, I know, don't map for the renderer, so don't not map for the
renderer either, but the renderer can be improved too.

Is there a way for mapnik to only render features of a certain class
if there's not more than a certain density of them?