[Talk-us] Address improvement through imports?

Richard Weait richard at weait.com
Wed Nov 2 15:01:52 GMT 2011

On Wed, Nov 2, 2011 at 9:35 AM, Steven Johnson <sejohnson8 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Up to now, we've been talking largely about addresses as point features.
> However, one thing I think would be good to have is block ranges on streets.

That would require breaking a way at each junction, wouldn't it?  Some
models use that.  The raw GeoBase data is in that form iirc.

The current OSM address schema [1] allows less-accurate block-face
addressing via interpolation.  It also allows accurate address
location of differently addressed entrances to the same building,
routing to an address via footpaths, cycleways, etc.

[1] http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/House_numbers/Karlsruhe_Schema