[Talk-us] Address improvement through imports?

Anthony osm at inbox.org
Wed Nov 2 16:18:35 GMT 2011

On Wed, Nov 2, 2011 at 10:38 AM, John F. Eldredge <john at jfeldredge.com> wrote:
> This idea, of tagging address ranges within blocks, sounds like a good idea to me.  Some cities, such as Louisville, KY, put address ranges on street signs, which would make gathering such information easy in those cities.

Sounds good to me.  Use addr:inclusion=potential.  And put the info on
separate ways which cover the actual address locations, not on the
roads.  If you're going to be surveying street signs by hand, it's
really not that much extra work.

(But hey, even if you insist on putting the address information on the
streets themselves, you can still use addr:inclusion=potential, and it
still won't cause any harm.)