[Talk-us] Address improvement through imports?

Ian Dees ian.dees at gmail.com
Wed Nov 2 16:28:30 GMT 2011

On Wed, Nov 2, 2011 at 11:23 AM, Anthony <osm at inbox.org> wrote:

> On Wed, Nov 2, 2011 at 12:19 PM, Martijn van Exel <m at rtijn.org> wrote:
> > I'm all for not importing data where there's existing data people can
> > use, but in the case of TIGER addresses you could actually make a
> > point for importing: OSM could be a platform for improving that
> > address data (like it should be for the GNIS points). 'All we need' is
> > a suitable microtasking platform.
>
> I can't speak for other locations, but here in Florida there is much
> better address information available from the counties than that
> available from TIGER.  So if you're going to build a suitable
> "microtasking" platform for Florida, use the county data, not TIGER
> :).

That's the point of this thread: Martijn created a wiki page to collect
data sources for addressing data:
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Address_Improvement/United_States_Address_Data_Import_Sources

If you have a chance, you should add information about the address data
available in your area to that page.