[Talk-us] Address improvement through imports?

Anthony osm at inbox.org
Thu Nov 3 02:02:26 GMT 2011

On Wed, Nov 2, 2011 at 9:59 PM, Anthony <osm at inbox.org> wrote:

>>> Why?
>>
>>  If there's no difference between the blocks except for addressing, it adds
>> a needless extra step to map corrections.   Instead of selecting an entire
>> street with a single click to correct the name, change attributes etc, each
>> block would need to be selected, one at a time while checking that the
>> selection is correct by verifying that names within the selection all match.
>
> I guess, but there are already so many reasons to split ways that I
> think you're fighting a losing battle.  A better solution would be to
> adopt something like street relations, so that the name of a road
> isn't duplicated on every single way in the first place.

On the other hand, this does raise a problem in the opposite
direction.  If you put the potential address information on the way,
what happens when you need to split the way?

So, I guess I agree that putting the address information on the way is
not a good solution, but for the opposite reason as the one given :).