[Talk-us] Address improvement through imports?

Mike N niceman at att.net
Thu Nov 3 02:09:05 GMT 2011

On 11/2/2011 9:59 PM, Anthony wrote:
> I guess, but there are already so many reasons to split ways that I
> think you're fighting a losing battle.  A better solution would be to
> adopt something like street relations, so that the name of a road
> isn't duplicated on every single way in the first place.

  Splitting ways for maxSpeed, public transport, cycle lanes, route
relations, and lane counts are all value-added mapper observations, but
still often conveniently span a number of blocks.  It would be
interesting to know if very heavily mapped areas all trend toward more
than 1 way between intersections.