[Talk-us] Any mappers local to NYC/LI?

Katie Filbert filbertk at gmail.com
Wed Nov 16 18:07:52 GMT 2011

On Nov 16, 2011, at 12:18 PM, Skye Book <skye.book at gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm doing a ton of work with the data made available from the city
> as of late and a gripe from some people employed by the local
> government about OSM is that it isn't making full use of the data
> that the city is putting out there for consumption.

The terms of use are not quite right I think.

Data like building footprints would sure be nice though I'd be
cautious about dumping data in that the community could do a good job
of collecting and maintaining.

The community-- that's the other issue and think it would be important
to get the local mappers group going more with mapping parties. I did
one with Wikimedia NYC folks and maybe we/they could do another but it
will take more than that. There also is an OSM NYC meetup.com group
which could be reactivated

Cheers,
Katie