[Talk-us] American render

Metcalf, Calvin (DOT) calvin.metcalf at state.ma.us
Wed Nov 23 20:25:32 GMT 2011

Christian Spanring and I have been working on a tileset for that is slightly more American and it's starting to come along.  it's on git hub at https://github.com/calvinmetcalf/osm-bright and you can view a version at http://osm.no.de (I ran that one over the weekend so I've made a few changes since, also be gentle, it's hosted on my home laptop as we haven't been able to set up the right kind of server here).  it's based off the mapbox osm-bright map that is based around importing data with imposm,  but with some substantial additions, it is also very much Massachusetts centric and uses geojson files instead of osm data for a few things (like roads, mainly because I couldn't get shields working with osm data), also there are a few things in there that are very much MassDOT centric like fuel depots.  There has been talk in the past of trying to make a more American render and if anyone likes it you shouldn't hesitate to fork it on github.   Also I'm not sure of the status of the servers of the united states chapter, but if you guys wanted to host the rendered map (currently being served with the formatter2 branch of tilestream) or even render it, that might make it more stable for viewing.

Calvin Metcalf
Massachusetts Department of Transportation
Office of Transportation Planning
10 Park Plaza Suite 4150
Boston, MA 02116
Office 617-973-7027