[Talk-us] Tile layer in JOSM
Martijn van Exel
m at rtijn.org
Mon Nov 28 18:10:28 GMT 2011
I am not a tiled map service wizard but I sure thought I could get this done.
What I have: a Shapefile with roads in Utah.
What I want: to get a background layer for JOSM / Potlatch that
highlights the named highways (federal, state and local numbered
Why I want this: to (allow people to) fix highway ref relations, a lot
of them are broken around here it looks like, and I broke one more
What I did:
* Styled the Shapefile layer to achieve the visualization I required
using the pretty awesome AtlasStyler which lets you just copypaste
SLD right into GeoServer. Works like a charm.
* Publish the shapefile as a WMS through GeoServer.
* Tried to publish a TMS layer using geoserver. Failed. TMS in
Geoserver broken or something? I get this  error when trying to do
* Installed MapProxy and added the GeoServer WMS as a layer definition:
- name: utahroads
title: Utah road network
grids: [GLOBAL_MERCATOR, global_geodetic_sqrt2]
* Ran MapProxy, tried the demo layer for both 900913 and 4326, looked
fine. A few upstream errors from GeoServer, fixed those by increasing
the heap space setting for Tomcat. (rediculously low by default).
* got the URL for one 900913 tile, copied that and imported into the
WMS/TMS layer prefs in JOSM, substituting actual values for
The result is only white tiles, so I'm guessing I entered the
disneyland of map projection screw ups. Or is it a bounding box / tile
origin issue? I defined a global bounding box for the tile layer.
martijn van exel
1109 1st ave #2
salt lake city, ut 84103
More information about the Talk-us