[Talk-us] Whole-US Garmin Map update - 2011-10-09

Dave Hansen dave at sr71.net
Mon Oct 10 19:52:58 BST 2011

These are based off of Lambertus's work here:

	http://garmin.openstreetmap.nl

I wrote scripts to joined them myself to lessen the impact of doing a
large join on Lambertus's server.  I've also cut them in large longitude
swaths that should fit conveniently on removable media.

	http://daveh.dev.openstreetmap.org/garmin/Lambertus/2011-10-09

I've also hacked together some primitive visualizations of the different
image files.  This, again, is _heavily_ based upon what Lambertus has
already done.  Most of the credit goes to him.  Let me know if you find
them useful:

	http://daveh.dev.openstreetmap.org/garmin/Lambertus/2011-10-09/kml/kml.html

If you use the .torrent files, please seed.  That web server is in the
UK, and it helps to have some peers on this side of the Atlantic.

There have been some missing tiles from Lambertus's map (the red
rectangles),  I don't see any at the moment, so you may want to update
if you had issues with the last set.

If you buy a new card (especially SDHC), some are FAT16 from the
factory.  I had to reformat it to let me create a >2GB file.

-- Dave