[Talk-us] US local chapter board election results

Ian Dees ian.dees at gmail.com
Thu Oct 13 00:22:00 BST 2011

On Wed, Oct 12, 2011 at 1:39 PM, Richard Weait <richard at weait.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Oct 12, 2011 at 2:32 PM, Michal Migurski <mike at stamen.com> wrote:
> > Hey, cool!
> >
> > Thanks everyone. I'm excited to get started with Martijn, Randy, Jim, and
> Richard.
> >
> > According to the wiki page there is a monthly chapter meeting tomorrow,
> but the most recent one was six months ago. I'll dial the number tomorrow
> and see what happens. =)
>
> Perhaps the outgoing board can help you to put together an agenda,
> here on the list?  I'm sure they'll have some thoughts on a smooth
> transition as well.
>
> Also #osm-us is a low traffic irc channel that might work for you.
> #osm-us is on irc.oftc.net, and available from the browser at
> http://irc.openstreetmap.org/

The outgoing board still owes the community an annual meeting and when we
pulled together the dates for the election we thought the meeting could be
online (maybe a fancy Google+ hangout? a conference call? IRC?) sometime
next week. The agenda Thea suggested was:

Topics at AGM: (preliminary)
- Overall Report: Kate
- Treasurer Report: Thea - will include swag and non hardware assets
description
- Membership Report: Richard and Steven
- Hardware Report: Ian
- New board member introductions
- Other business dictated in bylaws

I'm not saying we shouldn't meet tomorrow, but we might want to give more
time for the rest of the members to get a chance to participate.

-Ian