[Talk-us] access=no with exceptions

PJ Houser stephanie.jean.houser at gmail.com
Thu Sep 8 23:19:46 BST 2011

In Portland, Oregon, we have been tagging certain ways with access
restrictions as access=no and then explicit exceptions, like psv=yes,
foot=yes, bicycle=yes.

In the wiki, for the access key, it states "Use the *access*=* key to
describe a general access restriction that applies to all transport
modes.Where different restrictions apply to different modes of transport
then mode specific tags can be used."

Here's an example of our work

Is this an appropriate use of access=no or does access=no imply all
transport modes are not allowed? We have been using access=no with specific
mode exceptions as *=yes because it reduces the number of tags needed. What
does everyone else think?
--
PJ Houser
Trimet