[Talk-us] access=destination vs access=private

Josh Doe josh at joshdoe.com
Sat Sep 10 04:29:55 BST 2011

On Fri, Sep 9, 2011 at 11:25 PM, Anthony <osm at inbox.org> wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 9, 2011 at 7:36 PM, PJ Houser
> <stephanie.jean.houser at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Do you think it makes more sense to tag the apartment complexes as
>> access=destination or access=private?
>
> Shouldn't they generally be access=permissive?

+1, unless there's a gate which you either need a card/PIN for or need
a resident to allow you in, then it would be access=private. Or if it
could be used as a cut through but theres a sign explicitly forbidding
this (e.g. "No through road") then access=destination. I haven't often
added access tags at all for condo/apartment complexes, but if I do I
probably use access=permissive most often.