[Talk-us] access=destination vs access=private

Paul Johnson baloo at ursamundi.org
Sat Sep 10 04:55:31 BST 2011

On Fri, 2011-09-09 at 23:25 -0400, Anthony wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 9, 2011 at 7:36 PM, PJ Houser
> <stephanie.jean.houser at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Do you think it makes more sense to tag the apartment complexes as
> > access=destination or access=private?
>
> Shouldn't they generally be access=permissive?

At least in the states I've been in, in general it seems to be in a
commercial setting, it would be.  In residential settings, these ways
tend to be closed to everyone except visitors/clients of residents
(couriers, plumbers, pizza delivery, garbage removal, etc) that have
have been invited in, and trespassing charges can be pressed against
everyone else.