[Talk-us] Brainstorm: What should a US map of OSM data look like
Metcalf, Calvin (DOT)
calvin.metcalf at state.ma.us
Tue Sep 13 03:04:39 BST 2011
Sent with Verizon Mobile Email
From: "Richard Weait" <richard at weait.com>
Sent: 9/12/2011 7:10 pm
To: talk-us at openstreetmap.org
Subject: Re: [Talk-us] Brainstorm: What should a US map of OSM data look like
Let's keep this more "brainstormy" and less "discuss-y and debate-y"
for now, okay?
Trim and add your ideas to the list for your reply. We'll come back
around for discussion later. ;-)
A few of us were just asking on irc what a US-style tile theme would look like?
- distinguish divided highways
- distinguish toll roads
- deconflict trunk / tree colors
- Render shields at lower resolutions
- De-emphasize railways at lower zooms.
- Label motorways with both name and number where both are tagged.
- more road colors just because its a state highway tthat could mean something unpaved or divided limited acces
- Distinguish road surface, so gravel, unpaved is obvious.
Talk-us mailing list
Talk-us at openstreetmap.org
More information about the Talk-us