[Talk-us] Update on remapping

Mike N niceman at att.net
Sun Apr 1 11:54:58 BST 2012

On 4/1/2012 4:42 AM, James Mast wrote:
> So, who else here was at least somewhat successful in their objective in
> data cleanup (I still think this whole thing was kinda stupid, as I'd
> rather been fixing/adding new stuff instead of redoing stuff that others
> added)?

I was somewhat successful in the sense that for the little time I could
spend on it, I was able to clean up a small circular region around me.
In some cases, I didn't bother to touch all nodes for an Interstate;
there will be some zany geometry when they are deleted, and I'll just
recreate at that time.  In addition, some intersecting nodes are still
on the chopping block, and they'll have to be detected by Mapdust or
Keepright.    I also felt it was important to keep adding new stuff
instead of 100% on cleanup.

   Columbia, SC however will be unusable for navigation for some time to
come.