[Talk-us] Highway Shield Rendering

Nathan Edgars II neroute2 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 2 19:34:55 BST 2012

On 4/2/2012 2:27 PM, Phil! Gold wrote:
> I'm deliberately leaving county routes for a second phase and focusing on
> state routes for the moment.  (New Jersey is an exception, but it was an
> experiment and I don't actually believe we're using the proper shields for
> all of its counties.)

As far as I know, all New Jersey counties use the pentagon for
500-series routes. All but Bergen and sometimes Camden use it for others
(though the occasional old sign still exists). You can see both types
here: http://alpsroads.net/roads/nj/cr_502/

 > They might not show up.  Based on previous discussions on this list,
we've
 > chosen to look for the business designation (as well as others) in the
 > network tag on the route relation.  A lot of relations have the route
 > modifier in the ref tag, though (so they might be network=US:US,
 > ref=5 Business instead of network=US:US:Business, ref=5), so they
don't get
 > rendered at the moment.

A total of *two* relations have network=US:US:Business, vs. 707 with
network=US:US and modifier=Business. Yes, I know I had major influence
in that, but that was months ago.