[Talk-us] Highway Shield Rendering

Paul Johnson baloo at ursamundi.org
Tue Apr 3 20:26:24 BST 2012

On Tue, Apr 3, 2012 at 9:40 AM, Phil! Gold <phil_g at pobox.com> wrote:

> Ah, okay.  I'll set them up just like other
> named-but-not-publically-numbered routes like the New Jersey Turnpike and
> look for network US:OK, no ref, and whetever their name is.

Just to avoid confusion with ODOT highways (numbered Oklahoma routes
which may or may not also be named), perhaps US:OK:Turnpike or
something similar?  To my knowledge, none of the OTA highways have
relations yet.

> As NE2 said, FM and RM differ in the text on the image, though the
> rendered shields are too small to be able to tell.  We do have US:TX:Toll
> and US:TX:RE also.  PR is Park Road.

Wow, that's a level of nitpick I hadn't expected (even in Texas which
seems to have so many state highway networks that it wouldn't surprise
me to find Your Mom 581 at some point); park roads and rec roads are
two different networks there (I tested this: park road 3 and rec road
3 are nowhere near each other).