[Talk-us] Highway Shield Rendering

Richard Weait richard at weait.com
Tue Apr 3 16:40:43 BST 2012

On Tue, Apr 3, 2012 at 10:21 AM, Paul Johnson <baloo at ursamundi.org> wrote:

> Also curious how some of the more interesting edge cases work out,
> such as Missouri Secondary State Highways, Oregon/Washington/Oklahoma
> State Tour Routes, Oklahoma/Kansas Turnpike, or the 7 state highway
> networks in Texas that aren't "Texas"...

The edge cases are an opportunity for we, as a community, to get it
right. There are many many more signed routes that will be interesting
to one or more groups, as long as we have a reasonable way to tag
them.

I hope that there will be a way to request / provide icons for
specialty routes so that those with interest and with expertise can
provide patches.  As it stands now, Phil has done a great job of
making this work.  The starting case of I + US is fantastic.  Makes me
think I should get some more of the Canadian shields sorted out. :-)